Now that we’re almost halfway through Lent, now seemed like a good time share some of our favorite vegetarian meals. You know – in case you’re like me and finding yourself in a recipe slump. 😉
- Hearty Black Bean Quesadillas – These are amazing. They are best when you use cilantro, but I often don’t have any on hand and just make it without and they are still super good! The girls gobble these up (seriously – sometimes they each eat an entire one) and they freeze very well too.
- Vegan Lentil Soup – Seriously the best lentil soup I’ve ever had. I always skip the puree step, because I’m lazy and I prefer a chunkier soup. I always make a double batch of this so I can enjoy it for lunch the rest of the week.
- Broiled Salmon with Fruit Salsa – I am not a huge salmon fan, but I eat it because it’s so good for you. The rest of my family just naturally enjoys it (you should see Miss A gobble this down). The fruit salsa is such a cheery side to see during these dreary, rainy days we’ve been having here lately!
- Creamy Tomato and Spinach Pasta – This one is sooo good. I’ve frequently made it with frozen spinach when I don’t have fresh on hand and it’s just as good. If you go that route just remember to squeeze as much water out of it as you can.
- Crock Pot Black Bean Soup – Admittedly, I have no recipe for this one. I just sort of wing it. Throw a pound of black beans in the crock pot, a diced onion, some diced carrots, a diced bell pepper if I’ve got one in the fridge, followed by equal parts diced tomatoes and water. Add salt and pepper to taste, along with a pinch or two of crushed red pepper. Cook on low for 7-8 hours. Delicious!
What are some of your favorite vegetarian recipes?