Random updates on what we’ve been up to (and eating)! Hoping that next week will be the week I finally get back into the grove of blogging. So many half written drafts currently saved just begging to be finished and shared with the interwebs. 😉
- I’ve been eating these for breakfast everyday the past couple weeks and they are delicious and filing. I can usually make it to lunch time without any snacks, which is saying something! I must admit that I am lazy though and have just been throwing whatever fruit we have lying around in it – but I’m sure the tropical version is wonderful!
- I made this herbed summer squash pasta bake earlier this week and it was fantastic! Surprisingly, our CSA has been very reasonable with the amount of squash we’ve received so far, which was almost starting to disappoint me. But then Handyman Husband brought home two large zucchinis from a co-worker and I see post-bedtime this weekend being spent making lots and lots of zucchini bread. Good thing we have a chest freezer!
- And lastly in the good eats department (but certainly not least!) – I’m planning to make this delicious cheesecake for my dad’s birthday this coming week.
- Ever since we found out we were going to have twins, Handyman husband and I have been having the should we/shouldn’t we buy a minivan discussion. This discussion has become more earnest as of late and I had the good luck/misfortune (depending on which side of the minivan debate you fall on) of stumbling upon this article a couple days ago. Ever since I read “Loathsome and infectiously uncool these vehicles are like caskets on wheels, a perpetual reminder that your youth and its associated fun are dead and buried.” I haven’t been able to stop referring to them as a ‘casket on wheels.’ I don’t think we can ever get a minivan now, haha.
- We’ve been keeping the bathroom doors closed to keep the girls out because they are still in the “put everything in my mouth” phase and they’ve noticed the screw covers on the base of the toilets and so…closed doors it is. Anyway, apparently the door to one of the bathrooms wasn’t closed completely and they got into the bathroom – this is what they were doing when I went looking for them:
- We just registered Monster for soccer this fall. Currently, he is really excited about it. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it goes better than swim classes did last fall. And I am kicking myself for signing him up for another commitment. Preschool + soccer = 4 days of activities for him a week. I’m already tired just thinking about getting the kids in and out of the car 8 more times a week than I currently do. 🙂