One of the best things about a toddler is that they say some pretty funny things. I’m been trying to make an effort lately to write down some of the laugh-inducing things Monster has said recently so I thought I’d share some of these conversations with you too.
- After ejecting all the CD’s from Aunt B’s car stereo: “Thank you for the CD’s, CD player.”
- Said upon waking from his nap and finding all his toys put away: “Oh! Is Uncle J coming over?” Clearly I need to tidy up more frequently, haha.
- Said whenever I’m distracted and don’t answer Monster’s questions: “Hey Win (that’s what it sounds like when he says Lynn)! Are you listening?”
- Said to G-ma: “ My mommy wears underpants. My daddy does too.”
- Said first thing in the morning: “Bob the Builder doesn’t poop.” Me: “I think he does.” Monster: “No, he doesn’t.” Me: “Why don’t you think he does?” Monster: “Because he doesn’t have an outdoor potty at his job site.”
- From the above two quotes can you tell I’ve been unsuccessfully trying to potty-train Monster?
- “If I eat all the candy pumpkins will they pour out my arms?” Hmm…perhaps Monster is too young to watch Doctor Who after all.
- Me: ” What should we get daddy for his birthday?” Monster: “Cake!” Me: “Good idea. Should we get him anything else?” Monster: “More cake. We’ll need lots of cake.”
- Said every morning at dark-thirty “Is it time to wake up now, Mommy? Can we play now?”
- “I need an old car. And a riding mower.” Apparently Monster is 2.5 going on 30?
What funny things has your kid(s) said recently?