Since it’s been awhile since I posted about Monster’s favorite tunes, I thought it was about time for an update. Here’s a list of some of Monster’s recent favorites:
- In Between Days – Ben Folds: Monster likes to rock out to this one. He seems to be partial to Ben Folds, probably since I listened to him often while Monster was in the womb.
- Short Skirt/Long Jacket – Cake: Monster sang along to this song the other night. Half way through he decided to change all the “I’s” to “Monster’s” – “Monster wants a girl that stays up late. Monster wants a girl with a short skirt and a looooong (yes, he actually did draw it out just like in the song) jacket.” Sometimes, this kid really cracks me up. It makes up for the fact that he still wakes up multiple times every night.
- Don’t Stop (Color On The Walls) – Foster the People: This is a repeat from the last list. I don’t think I’ve emphasized it enough here, but Monster loves any word that implies ‘no’, so he gets a kick out of signing the chorus for this “Don’t stop! Don’t stop! Talking to me.”
- Far Away – Ingrid Michaelson: Another song that’s sure to get Monster dancing.
- Classical music (of course)
- Nursery rhymes/children’s songs: (Itsy Bitsy Spider, ABC song, You Are My Sunshine): Monster has started to memorize these rhymes and loves singing along with me. It’s too cute!
What is your favorite song?