Our past week, in summary:
- This past Friday, Monster received a lawn mower from his Great Aunt J. He’s barely stopped playing with it since we put it together Saturday morning. If we let him, I’m positive he would sleep with it.
- I’ve written previously about making more of an effort to take technology breaks. Some days I’m better than others, but this past weekend, I think I only got on the computer once a day to check e-mail and Facebook. It was wonderful! Hopefully I’ll be able to keep this trend up.
- This past Saturday we painted our garage. And by we, I mean P and my dad. Monster and I watched. I forgot to take a before picture until they were almost done painting the first coat. Whoops! It was yellow and now it’s white. It looks so much better now!
- Our tiny garden is basically non-existent at this point. Our cucumber and pumpkins got blight and our hot pepper plant was eaten (by heaven knows what). All that is thriving is our sweet basil, although now that I’ve written this I’m sure something will eat that as well. 😉
- Along those same lines, last week we found out that the farm we get our CSA goodies from has tomato blight. The farmer and her assistants put in a ton of time last week trying to save what was left of the crop. They picked all the green tomatoes and put them in storage with the hopes of them ripening up. I guess we’ll find out later this week if they were successful, but what a bummer! As the French saying goes “C’est la vie.”
- Monster is getting his canine teeth. According to his baby book, he only needs his 2 year molars now. Woohoo ! We can almost see the light at the end of the teething tunnel.
- I’m battling yet another cold. Weather changes + teething baby + even less sleep than usual + too much sugar = cold. You think by now I would have learned my lesson and started going to bed earlier and cut back on the sugar. Apparently I only learn some things the hard way.
- P’s fall semester starts on Saturday. Commence freak-out! I apologize in advance for any whining that may occur over the next couple weeks. It was so nice having him around a lot this summer. Oh well, all good things must come to an end.
- It looks like fall weather may have officially arrived. Wippee! My favorite season! J
- Since I’m on the topic of fall – did you know the stores are already promoting Halloween? Sheesh! But now that I’ve seen the costumes out I’ve been busy thinking of costume ideas for Monster. Last year he was a lion. Some idea’s P and I have been kicking around: Tarzan, Yoda, or a monkey. I still haven’t decided if we’ll take Monster trick-or-treating this year or not, so if he doesn’t go, it’s not like he really needs a costume…but it would be fun to dress him up! Thoughts/suggestions? If you have small child(ren) have you started thinking about costumes yet?
Pictures from this week:
That was our past week in a nutshell. Hopefully now that my cold is slowly dissipating I’ll be back to posting more frequently. This past week I’ve been skipping writing posts in favor of going to bed earlier.